Our School Readiness Program
At St Joseph’s Primary School we understand that a child’s first year at school is an important one.
It is a year when children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling.
St Joseph’s Primary School provides a School Readiness Program that meets the needs of children starting school for the first time. If parents intend enrolling their child at St Joseph’s Primary School we strongly encourage them to take advantage of our School Readiness Program for new Kindergarten students.
The School Readiness Program:
- is designed to assist children in becoming familiar with the St Joseph’s Primary School environment
- provides reassurance to the children and parents that our learning environment is safe and friendly
- allows children to make new friends
- enables parents to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education every child deserves
- gives parents the opportunity to learn about the special programs the school have developed to enable every child to succeed
- provides staff with the opportunity to discuss children’s needs with parents
We hold a Kindergarten Parent Information session at the end of Term 3 and offer a Transition to Kindergarten Program in Term 4.